|LOCATING A USED CAR
There are a number of ways to find and buy a used car:
- Classified ads
- Online sites, (Edmunds.com),(Auto-Trader)
- Used car dealers
- New car dealers (many offer used cars as well)
- Relatives or a private party
| When shopping for a used car be sure to have it checked out by a mechanic. You can get a vehicle history report by using carfax.com.
Their report can tell you if:
- The vehicle was salvaged or even stolen
- Previous owners
- Inspection failures
- Dishonest odometer readings
- Never sign a document that says you are buying the vehicle "As is" You want the car to have some sort of warranty.
- Be pre-approved for a loan with your own financing
When buying a new car or pre-owned car you want to be an informed buyer by researching and learning as much as you can about the vehicle you are purchasing. This can make your car-buying experience seamless and enjoyable.